Looking for my photography website? Just click here!!

Friday, February 7, 2014

Putting on a deck... at the property

Mike has been working on a deck at the property.  I was thinking it was a small deck... but when I saw it, I was thinking "Holy Guacamole!  This deck is HUGE!"

Now... it has fancy railings too.  I spent FOREVER... painting these suckers.  It has to be JUST right.... no drip spots, nothing.  Mike only finished it about 3/4 of the way through before bad weather hit, and we had to call it quits.  But, he's done a GREAT job, and it looks very nice.  He's mostly looking forward to hunting from the deck (yes, he has a feeder already set up and it's in the nice range of view from the deck).




 
 
Unfortunately, because of all the break ins we had last year (four total...), our windows will be rocking those awesome steel bars as well.
Cue:  angry face





Our friend put a stand up in a tree directly in line of the feeder on our property, and so the girls were often found going up and down that tree... sometimes just to read in it, or to text.  I had to laugh at them when I heard a few times "HELP!  I can't get down...."
 
Katie.... was found IN the cabin a lot, reading her books and texting.. a new friend. 
I, on the other hand, enjoyed pulling all the fallen trees on the property and creating huge bonfires.
This is the best time of year to do it -- when the snakes (are hopefully) deep underground b/c it's so cold.  And... of course, poison ivy is nowhere to be found.  In the summer?  Forget it -- you will not catch me in that area!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails